ROBOTIC PAINTLINE FOR LEADING PAINT COMPANY
Twin Robots in
workcell that uniquely loads and unload gas cylinders onto hooks on
a moving powder coating Paintline Chain.
- Handles all cylinder sizes up to G & H sizes
- Performs check on cylinder’s hanging feature (screwed on hoop)
- Robot picks cylinder off infeed conveyor, orientates it and holds
it close to and moves in synchronism with the Paintline's overhead moving hooks.
- Vision System cameras takes front and side views snapshots and calculates
3D offsets between hoop and nearest hook.
- Robot moves the cylinder the 3D offset distances to complete the loading task.
- Cycle time is 15 seconds.
Benefits for Client.
- Automation of a task that was hitherto (internationally) deemed beyond
the current technology.
- Manpower savings in paintline loading.
- Production rates consistency.
- OH&S savings in manual lifting of up to 60kg cylinders